LIFE, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness


We're a Christian homeschooling family of four. We are eclectic, gravitating toward the Classical side.


SHS P365

Previous | List | Next

Our Family
JEFF

Husband, Dad, Mechanical Engineer, Bass Player ...

Obsessed with all things Engineering.

AMY

Wife, Homeschool Mom, Webmaster ...

Obsessed with all things Political.

RACHAEL

Daughter, Sister, Sophomore ...

Obsessed with all things Geological.

NICHOLAS

Son, Brother, 8 year old ...

Obsessed with all things Historical.

(especially Egyptian!)

Favorite Books/Curriculum

The Well-Trained Mind
Singapore Math
Greenleaf Guides
Apologia Science
AIG Science curriculum
Story of the World

Traffic Feed

Visitors

Day 134 - Historical fiction
Thursday, May 15, 2008

Linda, the homeschool grandma who helped me teach art at co-op, recommended this book to me. She played it up so much that I, being the history buff that I am, immediately went to the library and reserved it. After I picked it up, the first thought to cross my mind was, "UGH! That's a lot of pages and awfully small print!" In my younger days, book length was inconsequential. These days, however, I find myself just too busy with lesson plans, kids, and life in general! Before returning it unread to the library, I decided to read 'just the first chapter' ... well, I haven't been able to put it down! I ended up having to renew it and I've been reading a little bit every night before bed. If I ever get it finished, I'll let you know how it is. So far, it's fabulous!

Labels:

posted by Amy @ 3:46 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    Thanks for the review. I will have to look for this book.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amy
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a Homeschool Mom of 2 awesome children. This is my attempt at Project 365 - to chronicle our world through daily photos...
See my complete profile

SHS Webring

| Previous | Home | Next |



SUBSCRIBE HERE



Previous Post
Blog Roll -
Friends, Family, & Favorites
Archives
Links




Photobucket


BLOGGER