LIFE, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness


We're a Christian homeschooling family of four. We are eclectic, gravitating toward the Classical side.


SHS P365

Previous | List | Next

Our Family
JEFF

Husband, Dad, Mechanical Engineer, Bass Player ...

Obsessed with all things Engineering.

AMY

Wife, Homeschool Mom, Webmaster ...

Obsessed with all things Political.

RACHAEL

Daughter, Sister, Sophomore ...

Obsessed with all things Geological.

NICHOLAS

Son, Brother, 8 year old ...

Obsessed with all things Historical.

(especially Egyptian!)

Favorite Books/Curriculum

The Well-Trained Mind
Singapore Math
Greenleaf Guides
Apologia Science
AIG Science curriculum
Story of the World

Traffic Feed

Visitors

TAG!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Heather at http://indianaamsburys.blogspot.com/ tagged me on her blog. I knew some of the things that she wrote, but I learned a few things also.


Here are the rules:


1. Link back to the person that tagged you


2. Share seven weird and/or random facts about yourself.


3. Tag seven more people and link to your blog


4. Let your tagee's know by posting a comment on their blog.





Ok, so seven weird things about myself.





#1 I've worked a lot of places and done a lot of different things, but my most interesting job was working at a cemetery/crematory. I've even been able to assist with a cremation. There are aspects of the cremation, embalming, and decomposition process that no one ever really thinks about. The human body is so fascinating, and the amazement doesn't stop after death.





#2 Jeff & I didn't do the "kiss" at our wedding. Our priest (I was married Catholic) was drunk and forgot to say the obligatory "You may now kiss the bride." I think his mind was preoccupied with one of my bridesmaids! Of course, he's now in jail, but I digress...





#3 My most memorable "vacation" was when I was nearly 8 months pregnant with Rachael and Jeff I decided to have one last getaway before we were parents. We were supposed to drive from our home in San Jose, CA to Las Vegas. We made it as far as the Mojave desert when our head gasket blew... on Christmas Day! We were stranded in the "Twilight-Zone"city of Baker, CA, whose majority of residents must come from the prison there, and whose only claim to fame is that it's the home of the World's Largest Themometer. We ended up staying at the Bun Boy Motel...yes, that is actually the name of it.





#4 I've had two children naturally, yet never had any labor pains.





#5 Jeff & I were born in the same hospital in southern Illinois. His cousins were neighbors and family friends that I had known all of my life. Our paths had crossed numerous times, yet we never met until I was a teenager working at a carhop restaurant with his brother in southern Indiana - almost 3 hrs. away.





#6 My favorite meal would have to be Persian Joojeh kebabs with Saffron Basmati Rice, a Greek salad with lots of feta (or an Olive Garden salad), iced tea to drink, and Gooey Butter Coffee Cake for dessert.





#7 I am an absolute fanatic when it comes to politics. Obsession doesn't quite describe it. I can't just watch a debate once. I have to watch it and the political commentaries at least 2-3 times. I find that I learn new things and pick up on phrasing and nuances that I didn't catch the first time around. I tend to drive my family nuts, and having a DVR to record, pause, and rewind only enables my addiction!





My tagees...





#1 Jill


#2 Melynda


#3 Jennifer


#4 Laura


#5 Chris


#6 Emily


#7 Shelly
posted by Amy @ 3:09 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:32 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Hey Amy!
    I am afraid that my blog is down..... I can't post on it right now, but as soon as I can I will respond to your tag. :) Loved your "7 things!" :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amy
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a Homeschool Mom of 2 awesome children. This is my attempt at Project 365 - to chronicle our world through daily photos...
See my complete profile

SHS Webring

| Previous | Home | Next |



SUBSCRIBE HERE



Previous Post
Blog Roll -
Friends, Family, & Favorites
Archives
Links




Photobucket


BLOGGER