LIFE, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness


We're a Christian homeschooling family of four. We are eclectic, gravitating toward the Classical side.


SHS P365

Previous | List | Next

Our Family
JEFF

Husband, Dad, Mechanical Engineer, Bass Player ...

Obsessed with all things Engineering.

AMY

Wife, Homeschool Mom, Webmaster ...

Obsessed with all things Political.

RACHAEL

Daughter, Sister, Sophomore ...

Obsessed with all things Geological.

NICHOLAS

Son, Brother, 8 year old ...

Obsessed with all things Historical.

(especially Egyptian!)

Favorite Books/Curriculum

The Well-Trained Mind
Singapore Math
Greenleaf Guides
Apologia Science
AIG Science curriculum
Story of the World

Traffic Feed

Visitors

Day 225 - Bluespring Caverns
Wednesday, August 13, 2008



Diana, Darla, & I met at McDonald's today where the kids played for a couple of hours, then Diana & I took the kids to Bluespring Caverns. During the 1 hour boat ride (which was fantastic!), our guide, Joey, let the kids experience total darkness, total silence, and an amazing echo that seemed to last forever! I was so proud of all the kids. The guide told us that we needed to be relatively quiet so as not to disturb the fauna, and not to touch any of the geological formations so as not to impede their growth. The kids (Nick included!) were so well-behaved that even the guide commented on how impressed he was.

After the tour, we bought a couple of bags of sand for the kids. They were able to use the *sluice to reveal various fossils.

(*Note: Am I the only person who's never heard of the word 'sluice'? As I was recounting our day to Jeff on the phone, I was trying to explain the "panning for fossils" process when Rachael gave me a puzzled look and said, "You mean the sluice???" When I told her I had never heard of a sluice, I got one of those "You've got to be kidding me...you didn't know THAT?" looks. Sadly, it seems those looks are becoming more frequent these days. I don't know if I should be worried because I'm incompetent or rejoicing because, apparently, homeschooling is working despite my incompetency?!?!

I also have several pictures of the cavern itself that I will have to publish on a later date...

Labels: , , ,

posted by Amy @ 1:12 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amy
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a Homeschool Mom of 2 awesome children. This is my attempt at Project 365 - to chronicle our world through daily photos...
See my complete profile

SHS Webring

| Previous | Home | Next |



SUBSCRIBE HERE



Previous Post
Blog Roll -
Friends, Family, & Favorites
Archives
Links




Photobucket


BLOGGER