LIFE, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness


We're a Christian homeschooling family of four. We are eclectic, gravitating toward the Classical side.


SHS P365

Previous | List | Next

Our Family
JEFF

Husband, Dad, Mechanical Engineer, Bass Player ...

Obsessed with all things Engineering.

AMY

Wife, Homeschool Mom, Webmaster ...

Obsessed with all things Political.

RACHAEL

Daughter, Sister, Sophomore ...

Obsessed with all things Geological.

NICHOLAS

Son, Brother, 8 year old ...

Obsessed with all things Historical.

(especially Egyptian!)

Favorite Books/Curriculum

The Well-Trained Mind
Singapore Math
Greenleaf Guides
Apologia Science
AIG Science curriculum
Story of the World

Traffic Feed

Visitors

Day 289 - Photography and House
Saturday, October 18, 2008

Most of today was spent scrubbing, mopping, and polishing, so here's a picture of a beautiful local building. (Trust me, you wouldn't want a picture of me in cleaning mode!) ;-D

My friend, Brent, brought his mom to see the house this evening. He also said that he wants the house! I thought that I would be ecstatic. I've wanted nothing more than to get moved back to a place that's closer to Jeff's work, our church, and our co-op. I guess I always figured it would be in the distant future. We didn't even have our house listed yet! Upon the realization that we'll be gone by Christmas or even sooner, I'm in a panic! I really do love our house. Yes, it's too far away and WAAAY too small, but I love it. It holds so many memories. Rachael was only 2 years old when we moved in. By moving away again, with no house to fall back on, it represents a new chapter in our lives. I really want our next house to be the last one. It's not really the physical act of moving that I'm trying to avoid, but for our entire married lives, we've always been in a temporary state. We've never had any true permanence. When we moved to CA, we didn't anticipate that we'd grow old there. It was too expensive. When we moved to MI, I hated it. I knew we'd never stay. Even when we bought this house, we knew it wasn't permanent - it only had 2 bedrooms. We just wanted something that we could pay cash for and live in while Jeff went back to school. When we moved to our townhouse, it was only to get this house ready to sell. The time has finally come that we can find a permanent house, and it looks like we'll have a very short amount of time to find it. The more that I think about it, the less I want to settle on just "any" house. I'm really considering renting again for awhile so that we'll have time to find that "perfect" house. Of course, no one ever knows that any house will be their last, but it would be nice to at least feel like we can unpack all of those boxes that we've had stored up for the last 15+ years!

Labels: ,

posted by Amy @ 12:22 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amy, I've known you since you were a girl and realize you do need a permanent home for your husband, your children and yourself; however, your daughter is in sixth grade. Theoretically she'll only be "home" for six more years. I hope you find the perfect house and make it your family's home soon!
    Still your Mother Advisor,
    Sue

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amy
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a Homeschool Mom of 2 awesome children. This is my attempt at Project 365 - to chronicle our world through daily photos...
See my complete profile

SHS Webring

| Previous | Home | Next |



SUBSCRIBE HERE



Previous Post
Blog Roll -
Friends, Family, & Favorites
Archives
Links




Photobucket


BLOGGER