LIFE, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness


We're a Christian homeschooling family of four. We are eclectic, gravitating toward the Classical side.


SHS P365

Previous | List | Next

Our Family
JEFF

Husband, Dad, Mechanical Engineer, Bass Player ...

Obsessed with all things Engineering.

AMY

Wife, Homeschool Mom, Webmaster ...

Obsessed with all things Political.

RACHAEL

Daughter, Sister, Sophomore ...

Obsessed with all things Geological.

NICHOLAS

Son, Brother, 8 year old ...

Obsessed with all things Historical.

(especially Egyptian!)

Favorite Books/Curriculum

The Well-Trained Mind
Singapore Math
Greenleaf Guides
Apologia Science
AIG Science curriculum
Story of the World

Traffic Feed

Visitors

Victory!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010



Yes, I'm still among the living. I know it's been forever since I've updated my blog, but I promise my entire 3 person viewing audience that I will be posting more often! I need to upload a bunch of pictures anyway so that I don't lose them to another computer crash.

Today was a great day! Rachael & Julia's Rose-Hulman bridge building project won the engineering competition. The bridge was just about the ugliest thing you ever saw, but it withstood 40 lbs. of force, which surpassed the old record by a full 28 lbs!

After riding my evening high with their win, I was enjoying my computer time alone after everyone else went to bed. Nick came downstairs and brought me a "romance story" that he had written. For those of you who need translation, it says... "Once upon a time... One day, the flowers bloomed and then it was romance. Then they got married. The End" Anyone who knows my struggles will realize what a HUGE feat this was for him! With Nick's cerebral palsy, teaching him writing has been the bane of my existence. He is an amazing reader, spells really well for a 5 year old, and is doing pretty well in math. Writing, on the other hand, has been the tear-filled subject every day. Yes, there are misspelled words, 'interesting' punctuation, backwards letters, etc. but he wrote this on his own, for my enjoyment. In my eyes, this is the SWEETEST story ever written!!!!
posted by Amy @ 1:39 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amy
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a Homeschool Mom of 2 awesome children. This is my attempt at Project 365 - to chronicle our world through daily photos...
See my complete profile

SHS Webring

| Previous | Home | Next |



SUBSCRIBE HERE



Previous Post
Blog Roll -
Friends, Family, & Favorites
Archives
Links




Photobucket


BLOGGER