LIFE, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness


We're a Christian homeschooling family of four. We are eclectic, gravitating toward the Classical side.


SHS P365

Previous | List | Next

Our Family
JEFF

Husband, Dad, Mechanical Engineer, Bass Player ...

Obsessed with all things Engineering.

AMY

Wife, Homeschool Mom, Webmaster ...

Obsessed with all things Political.

RACHAEL

Daughter, Sister, Sophomore ...

Obsessed with all things Geological.

NICHOLAS

Son, Brother, 8 year old ...

Obsessed with all things Historical.

(especially Egyptian!)

Favorite Books/Curriculum

The Well-Trained Mind
Singapore Math
Greenleaf Guides
Apologia Science
AIG Science curriculum
Story of the World

Traffic Feed

Visitors

Day 293 - The Trumpeter of Krakow
Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Has anyone read this book? I found it on several reading lists, and it always had good reviews, so I reserved it at the library. I was going to use this as my next read aloud to the kids, but as I skimmed through it, it's boring me to death! Maybe it's just me, but this is the second "Classic" set in the Middle Ages that I've tried to read, but ended up quitting. I figure if it bores me, I can't in good conscience expect the kids to sit through it! The first one that I tried is "A Door in the Wall." It, too, was an award winner. Maybe I'm just not giving these books a chance. If there's something I'm missing, or if you have another novel that is set in the Middle Ages that you could suggest, please let me know!

Labels: ,

posted by Amy @ 1:07 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amy
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a Homeschool Mom of 2 awesome children. This is my attempt at Project 365 - to chronicle our world through daily photos...
See my complete profile

SHS Webring

| Previous | Home | Next |



SUBSCRIBE HERE



Previous Post
Blog Roll -
Friends, Family, & Favorites
Archives
Links




Photobucket


BLOGGER