LIFE, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness


We're a Christian homeschooling family of four. We are eclectic, gravitating toward the Classical side.


SHS P365

Previous | List | Next

Our Family
JEFF

Husband, Dad, Mechanical Engineer, Bass Player ...

Obsessed with all things Engineering.

AMY

Wife, Homeschool Mom, Webmaster ...

Obsessed with all things Political.

RACHAEL

Daughter, Sister, Sophomore ...

Obsessed with all things Geological.

NICHOLAS

Son, Brother, 8 year old ...

Obsessed with all things Historical.

(especially Egyptian!)

Favorite Books/Curriculum

The Well-Trained Mind
Singapore Math
Greenleaf Guides
Apologia Science
AIG Science curriculum
Story of the World

Traffic Feed

Visitors

Day 207 - Books & a Date
Sunday, July 27, 2008



I dropped the kids off at my mom's house this morning to head to a used curriculum sale. I was able to go to a couple of garage sales (one of which was falsely advertised as having lots of homeschool materials... ) and a thrift store before hitting the Steak 'n Shake drive through. As luck would have it, the lady forgot to give me my Sweet 'n Low for my tea, so I had to go into the restaurant. As I was walking back to my car, some crazy person was honking and waving my way. It was my friend Heather and her husband (Nathan)! Nathan's medical test had taken less time than anticipated. I took my bag and drink back into Steak 'n Shake and ate lunch with them. Afterwards, we went to the curriculum sale where we both got A LOT of great deals (see my bargains in the picture above!)

Since my mom had taken the kids to the movies, I decided to hang out until Jeff got there. I went to Wal-Mart and a used bookstore, taking my time in each place. Wow! I had forgotten how relaxing it could be just to browse at my own snail's pace! When Jeff finished his trek from work (a 2 hour drive to E'ville), we ate at our favorite Indian restaurant, then hit the movies. What an awesome day!!!


Labels: , , ,

posted by Amy @ 1:39 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amy
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a Homeschool Mom of 2 awesome children. This is my attempt at Project 365 - to chronicle our world through daily photos...
See my complete profile

SHS Webring

| Previous | Home | Next |



SUBSCRIBE HERE



Previous Post
Blog Roll -
Friends, Family, & Favorites
Archives
Links




Photobucket


BLOGGER