LIFE, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness


We're a Christian homeschooling family of four. We are eclectic, gravitating toward the Classical side.


SHS P365

Previous | List | Next

Our Family
JEFF

Husband, Dad, Mechanical Engineer, Bass Player ...

Obsessed with all things Engineering.

AMY

Wife, Homeschool Mom, Webmaster ...

Obsessed with all things Political.

RACHAEL

Daughter, Sister, Sophomore ...

Obsessed with all things Geological.

NICHOLAS

Son, Brother, 8 year old ...

Obsessed with all things Historical.

(especially Egyptian!)

Favorite Books/Curriculum

The Well-Trained Mind
Singapore Math
Greenleaf Guides
Apologia Science
AIG Science curriculum
Story of the World

Traffic Feed

Visitors

Day 188 - Road Trip!
Monday, July 07, 2008
When we woke up this morning, we ate at Denny's, took advantage of the first "Back to School" sales at Staples, and began to head home. While driving, I saw what appeared to be a snake along the side of the highway. Rachael & I agreed that we needed to take a better look. After finally finding a place to turn around, we pulled over. What we thought was a snake, was actually, this...While still excited about our discovery, we saw a "HUGE SALE" sign and decided to follow it. While traversing nearly 4 miles of gravel roads, we were constantly greeted with signs like this...


Not quitters, we decided to trudge on until we came to our destination...


We searched through mounds of "junk" covered in cobwebs, bugs, and dirt to uncover Rachael's newest treasure... a wrought iron candle holder with a floor stand (it's actually pretty neat!) I'm not sure where she's planning on putting it, but hey, it was 5 bucks!


As we were leaving, I was sure there was an easier route back to the highway. I turned on my trusty TomTom, and he assured me there was a better way. We drove for awhile until I was staring at this in front of me...

Because of the recent flooding, the road was closed. Of course, I ended up going back the same long, treacherous route that I had come...


Labels: , ,

posted by Amy @ 1:26 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Amy
Home: Indiana, United States
About Me: I am a Homeschool Mom of 2 awesome children. This is my attempt at Project 365 - to chronicle our world through daily photos...
See my complete profile

SHS Webring

| Previous | Home | Next |



SUBSCRIBE HERE



Previous Post
Blog Roll -
Friends, Family, & Favorites
Archives
Links




Photobucket


BLOGGER